Ethos International School, Cairo (“us”, “we”, “our”, the “school” or “Ethos”) operates www.ethosedu.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Site users.
What information do we collect?
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide (“Personal Information”). Personal information will only be collected via directly opting to do so.
- Indirectly: Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). Our Google Analytics uses IP anonymization to remove the last digits in the IP address to only provide a general location. This information is also collected through cookies.
- Directly: When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to questionnaires or download forms, or to register for newsletters or start or contribute to petitions or polls. (This includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide)
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our services.
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters, details of events and news pertaining to the school.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customize the website according to your interests.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you marketing messages by unsubscribing from a mailing list.
- Log Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your anonymized IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of a website.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks just as those social networks cannot access cookies, we set ourselves.
Links from our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the ethosedu.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on